Thursday, November 05, 2009

WARNING---Ineffective cabinet lock product!!!!!!

If you own this above product I highly recommend throwing it away and replacing it with a better product for the safety of your children. I thought this was a great product until Jase pulled on the cabinet handle and opened it and the safety latch just popped open with no effort! I then locked it back and tried it again myself and it opened with hardly pulling on the cabinet doors. I have four of them and they all do this. I called Safety 1st and told them of my concern and they put it on record that I called and are sending me different lock called the Secure Close Handle Lock. I looked online and found several reviews for this lock stating the same thing I discovered. I hope they recall this item soon before there is a tragic accident as a result of it's faulty design.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

Hey, CeeGee, I'm proud of you and what you have done in contacting Safety 1st! Bravo!! I was impressed with them when I saw them at your house, but it takes a child, a toddler at that, to test their functionality. The Dad..

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!! But then I'm not surprised that Jase could open any lock. He's soooo smart and soooo strong. A deadly combination. SERIOUSLY, other parents need to know and take those "locks" off the market and make a better "mouse trap" Love and miss ya'll lots!!! hope Zaki's ears are well soon. Poor Guy. Love Grammy --Clinic has been so busy I didn't have time to reply but I always read, enjoy and share your updates.