Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Big News!

Zach is officially finished with his ISR swim lessons. He had to do a test where he had to wear his clothing including a regular diaper and shoes. He did so amazing. She even took his soaking wet shirt off and placed his over his face while he was on his back in the water. He immediately took it off and kept floating. My camera lost memory space before I could capture this on video. :( So typical, right?! Jase is going to take a few more weeks but she says he will get it eventually. He just likes to play in the water and isn't afraid which makes it hard for him to learn to "survive" since he doesn't feel any threat. I will be so happy when he is finished because it's frustrating packing them into the car every afternoon and not letting them eat till after the lesson. At least now it's just Jase I have to worry about starving.




Jason and I went to the UGA v S.Carolina game. It's a two hour drive but was worth it since he and I had a blast. We got to walk alone together holding hands like the old days. This is my favorite picture of the day.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

ashpuck said...

The video of Zach is amazing! I find myself holding my breath waiting for him to resurface. I'm so proud of him!

Titi Maria said...

Yay Zaqui!! Such a good little swimmer and kicker!

Amy said...

That must have been so hard to watch him go through! I mean at least with Jase you can explain it to him.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Congratulations to Zaqui, he did it and didn't even let out a cry. I can tell he enjoyed because he was splashing water at one time. Now if you can convince Jase that it is not a game he will come around. Glad you had a blast at the game. Dad

Unknown said...

cute pic of ya'll! zach is such a little trooper..amazing i tell ya! wish i could have seen him take the shirt off his face!! love ya'll~erin

Betsy said...

waterboarding your son eh? NO, that is great - looks like the lessons were a success!

Katie Garvin said...

Cute picture of y'all! Glad you had fun!

Meaghan said...

awe. :) y'all are cute. we were at the game too...we weren't able to tailgate at all (patrick was studying that morning!!), but the game was awesome! nice and exciting!

awesome swim video!

Meaghan said...

man! you're like the comment queen now! i'm so jealous! ;)