Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend






Wednesday night my parents came to visit us for Thanksgiving celebration. Since we only have (hopefully) only one week left in the pregnancy we had to stay in the Augusta area to be close to the hospital. We cooked garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli rice and cheese casserole, Jason's macaroni and cheese and then Deep Fried Turkey!! We seasoned the turkey with so many seasonings and even coated it with honey. As soon as my dad lowered the turkey it turned BLACK and my father did not know it was supposed to do this and he thought he had done something wrong. Oops. It tasted soooooo good and was cooked perfectly. This is the picture of the perfectly charred turkey. My mother and I went shopping two days in a row hoping to help this baby drop into place to come out. My parents bought us this ginormous Christmas tree!! Surprisingly my feet didn't swell like balloons and my hips didn't even hurt the entire time we were out. My mother and I bought Christmas ornaments and a bunch of other things. Jason and my dad went shopping also and look at what my dad got...a Browning Rifle! Cool. Check him scoping out the view. We had a great holiday weekend, Thanks mom and dad for coming to visit us!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tree looks fantastic, can't say the same thing about the turkey but I'll take your word on how it tasted.

Anonymous said...

In less than a minute submerged in the boiling oil, the turkey turned black. I pulled it out for a second or two and saw how black it had turned in such a short time. In the past I've done three turkeys in the turkey fryer and this is the first one that we did bathed in honey. The honey/sugar turned black but I didn't know what had happened and it worried me to say the least. The other people (Jason, CeeGee and Yvonne and I think Chopper, the dog) all were aware that the turkey would turn black. Guess the joke was on me, the person in charge of the fryer. It tasted real good!! Nice recipe Jason and CeeGee.

Unknown said...

Wow, a black turkey! Looks cool :-D

And thats what I call a real american christmastree!

Anonymous said...

What happened to those cool ornaments you bought last year?