Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Second Doc Visit


We had our second visit today, which was the twelve week follow-up. They did not do a sonogram so we have no new pics of the baby. They had a device that they put on my belly to find the baby's heart beat. The doctor and nurse stood next to me while they put jelly on my belly and moved the plastic device around. I swear for about three minutes I did not breathe!! For god's sake where is the heart beat?? He moved the darn thing around and all I kept thinking was that the baby was no longer there. "God please be there" is all I kept saying in my head. Finally, swoosh swoosh swoosh there it was. That sweet sound of a heart beat. It was just as strong as before and the doctor said that he had to move the device around because the baby was moving around in there. How exciting! The next appointment is the earliest that we can find out what the sex of the baby is, that is if the baby cooperates and shows us it's STUFF.
Many of you have wanted to see a picture of me to see my stomach, so here it is. I took this picture today after my appointment. I should have taken a picture three months ago to show you that it pretty much looks the same. Now when I say the "same" I am not saying it's flat or was flat before. Maybe I am delusional and in denial, okay okay probably so but it really hasn't grown much but it's definitely harder and I can't suck it in like before.
I am feeling great and have not had any actual morning sickness. I only get kind of sick feeling if I go a little too long without eating. I bring snacks to work and have to eat them in between my meals. All healthy snacks except for my popsicles that I have started to crave. I have been a little "moody" at moments, especially with my lovely husband, Jason. Poor, poor fellow has been understanding and sweet about the whole thing. He says I really have not been that bad but I am sure he just says that because he does not want to lose a limb. (wink, wink)

5 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck! It's a great feeling!

Chris (My Blog)

mj said...

You're funny. Are you going to keep your belly button ring in the whole time?

titi said...

Nice. Keep those moods in control. They get away from you quickly and you'll become like 'Sasha'. Just kidding. Tell Jason that the lab work he needs to do can keep him from going insane. Until you post next time..keep growing nicely.
05/24/06--0531

titi said...

hey! this is michael your cousin. Wow did your parents ok this? You sure look different than when I saw you last at your wedding! say hello to cousin jason..mom is letting me use her sign in.

michael

Anonymous said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Baby.
I will follow up on your progress.